Agro-Ecoregions Further Study PLEASE NOTE: The content is still under development. Check back for updates.
Key Data Sources
- Bureau of Economic Analysis – Data on farm production balance
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer Expenditure Survey – Food consumption estimates
- U.S. Census of Agriculture
- USDA/Economic Research Service – Food consumption data
- USDA/ Economic Research Service – Farm income data
- Centers for Disease Control: Behavior Risk Factors Surveillance System (BRFSS)
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) – Big Cities Health Inventory
- 2008 Governor’s Summit on Economic Development: 3G’s: Green, Gold and Global — New Mexico’s Competitive Edge. County Profiles.
- New Mexico Water Resource Atlas, December 2002
More Information (US)
- Finding Food in Farm Country studies in other counties of the U.S.
- Finding Food in Farm Country study, Southeast Minnesota, by Ken Meter and Jon Rosales for the Community Design Center and the Southeast Minnesota Experiment in Rural Cooperation.
- Home Grown Economy, PowerPoint, March, 2008, by Ken Meter, Rep. Collin Peterson’s (D-MN) Minnesota Agricultural Forum.
- Food Markets – Brief list of essential food facts, many of which are cited in Ken Meter’s presentation
- Crossroads Resource Center – Analysis of farm and food economies in the U.S.
Contact Ken Meter at Crossroads Resource Center