- Local Foods: A Guide for Investors & Philanthropists, by Amy Dickie January 2010. California Environmental Associates
- Incubating Local Foods: Co-ops play a vital role in economic recovery, by Ken Meter.
- American Planning Association’s official Policy Guide on incorporating food in planning
- Growing Better Cities: Urban Agriculture for Sustainable Development (www.idrc.ca/en)
- Building Local Food Networks: A Toolkit for Organizers. Local Food Networks. Also included are “how-tos” for publishing the annual Guide to Local and Seasonal Products. Farmer Chef Connection.
- Farm To Table.
- La Montanita Coop
- New Mexico Organic Commodity Commission. (Joan Quinn, 505.841.9067, or email: email@example.com)
- New Mexico’s Food-shed Story of Innovation: Harvesting our Experiences, by Bruce T. Milne and Susan Keith.
- Expanding Markets for Southwest Small-Scale, Alternative, and Minority Producers. What Really Counts, by Deborah Madison. 2004. Southwest Marketing Network
- Vender/Grower and Crop/Product Survey for Santa Fe and Albuquerque Growers’ Markets 1996 and 1998. Technical Report 33. George W. Dickerson.
- Agricultural Experiment Station • Cooperative Extension Service. College of Agriculture and Home Economics. NMSU
- SANTA CRUZ FARM: DIRECT AND NICHE MARKETING IN NORTHERN NEW MEXICO. Don Bustos Farmer, Santa Cruz Farm; Program Coordinator, New Mexico American Friends Service Committee. Agricultural Outlook Forum 2005. Presented Friday, February 25, 2005
- Velarde Apple Project
Value Chains and Local Agrifood Economies
- Community Food Enterprise: Local Success in a Global Marketplace. Wallace Center at Winrock International and the Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE)
- Transaction Cost Case Studies for Six Iowa Food Producers, July 2007, Prepared by: Dr. Clyde K. Walter and Randy Boeckenstedt. Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture Project code: M2006-02. http://www.leopold.iastate.edu/research/grants/files/2006-M02.pdf
- Tracing the Chain: An In-Depth Look at the University of Montana’s Farm to College Program. 2007. Edited by Neva Hassanein, Scott Kennedy, Beth Neely, and Paul Hubbard.
- Food-Miles and the Relative Climate Impacts of Food Choices in the United States
- Value Chains. Christopher L. Weber and H. Scott Matthes. Environmental Science & Technology. Vol. 42, No. 10, 2008,
- National Council of Legislatures. http://www.ncsl.org/
- New Mexico State Highway and Transportation Department .
- 2002 Commodity Flow Survey. U.S. Department of Transportation. Bureau of Transportation Statistics.
- U.S. Department of Commerce Economics and Statistics Administration, New Mexico: 2002 Issued December 2004 EC02TCF-NM
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics. Research and Innovative Technology Division.
Office of Freight Management and Operations.
Similar Projects in Other States
- Montana Food System Action Plan Report.
- Grow Montana Annual Report. Kellogg Grant # P0111223. National Center for Appropriate.
- Unlocking the Food Buying Potential of Montana’s Public Institutions: Toward a Montana-based Food Economy. 2006.
- Eat Fresh and Grow Jobs, Michigan. 2006. Michigan Land Use Institute. Local Difference.
- C.S. Mott Group .
- Feeding the City from the Back 40: A Commercial Food Production Plan for the City of Toronto. Toronto Food Policy Council. Food Secure City.
- Toronto Food Policy Council. 2000.
- A Sustainable Food Agenda for California. For Review by the Roots of Change Council and the Roots of Change Fund. Ecotrust. Vivid Picture.
- The Urban-Rural Roundtables Project: Public Private Partnerships to Create Six Food Shed Management Plans for California. Roots of Change. LocalHarvest Newsletter.